By Erik Dahlman
This ebook specializes in LTE with complete updates together with LTE-Advanced (Release-11) to supply a whole photograph of the LTE system. unique factors are given for the most recent LTE criteria for radio interface structure, the actual layer, entry approaches, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF features, and process performance.
Key applied sciences provided contain multi-carrier transmission, complex single-carrier transmission, complex receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna strategies, radio source administration and protocols, and diverse radio community architectures. Their function and use within the context of cellular broadband entry in most cases is defined, giving either a high-level assessment and extra specified step by step explanations.
This booklet is a must have source for engineers and different execs within the telecommunications undefined, operating with mobile or instant broadband applied sciences, giving an figuring out of ways to make use of the hot know-how so one can remain prior to the competition.
New to this edition:
- In-depth description of CoMP and better multi-antenna transmission together with new reference-signal buildings and suggestions mechanisms
- Detailed description of the aid for heterogeneous deployments supplied through the most recent 3GPP release
- Detailed description of latest improved downlink control-channel constitution (EPDDCH)
- New RF configurations together with operation in non-contiguous spectrum, multi-bands base stations and new frequency bands
- Overview of 5G as a suite of well-integrated radio-access applied sciences, together with aid for greater frequency bands and versatile spectrum administration, big antenna configurations, and ultra-dense deployments
- Covers a whole replace to the most recent 3GPP Release-11
- Two new chapters on HetNet, masking small cells/heterogeneous deployments, and CoMP, together with Inter-site coordination
- Overview of present prestige of LTE unlock 12 together with additional improvements of local-area, CoMP and multi-antenna transmission, Machine-type-communication, Device-to-device communication
Read or Download 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband PDF
Similar radio operation books
This authoritative, modern source can provide a entire evaluate of pattern fee conversion (SRC) and its functions in software program configurable radios. The publication is helping you know the bounds of possible platforms for pattern price conversion, in addition to the boundaries of interpolation. You get sound recommendation on settling on the best sorts of SRC for particular purposes, and suggestions in dealing with the trade-off among complexity and the clock price of a procedure.
This publication is meant for senior undergraduate and graduate scholars in addition to working towards engineers who're curious about layout and research of radio frequency (RF) circuits. targeted tutorials are incorporated on all significant subject matters required to appreciate basic ideas in the back of either the most sub-circuits required to layout an RF transceiver and the complete conversation method.
A transistor-level, design-intensive evaluate of excessive velocity and excessive frequency monolithic built-in circuits for instant and broadband structures from 2 GHz to two hundred GHz, this entire textual content covers high-speed, RF, mm-wave, and optical fibre circuits utilizing nanoscale CMOS, SiGe BiCMOS, and III-V applied sciences.
This ebook offers the state-of-the-art within the box of cellular and instant networks, and anticipates the coming of recent criteria and architectures. It specializes in instant networks, beginning with small own region networks and progressing onto the very huge cells of instant local quarter networks, through neighborhood region networks ruled by way of WiFi know-how, and at last metropolitan networks.
- Passive & Active RF-Microwave Circuits: Course and Exercises with Solutions
- Newnes Radio and RF Engineers Pocket Book (Newnes Pocket Books)
- Low-Power CMOS Design for Wireless Transceivers
- Practical RF Circuit Design for Modern Wireless Systems: Passive Circuits and Systems
- Radar and ARPA Manual
- Soviet satellite communications science and technology
Additional resources for 4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband
2, an uncorrupted OFDM signal can be demodulated without any interference between subcarriers. 1) consists of an integer number of periods of complex exponentials during the demodulator integration interval Tu ¼ 1/Df. However, in the case of a time-dispersive channel the orthogonality between the subcarriers will, at least partly, be lost. 8. Thus, the integration interval will not necessarily correspond to an integer number of periods of complex exponentials of that path as the modulation symbols ak may differ between consecutive symbol intervals.
One example is 8PSK, consisting of eight signaling alternatives and providing up to 3 bits of information per modulation symbol. Readers are referred to  for a more thorough discussion on different modulation schemes. The use of higher-order modulation provides the possibility for higher bandwidth utilizationdthat is, the possibility to provide higher data rates within a given bandwidth. However, the higher bandwidth utilization comes at the cost of reduced robustness to noise and interference.
14, is sometimes referred to as frequency interleaving. This is similar to the use of time-domain interleaving to benefit from channel coding in the case of fading that varies in time. In contrast to the transmission of a single wideband carrier, channel coding (combined with frequency interleaving) is an essential component in order for OFDM transmission to be able to benefit from frequency diversity on a frequency-selective channel. As channel coding is typically used in most cases of mobile communication this is not a very serious drawback, especially taking into account that a significant part of the available frequency diversity can be captured already with a relatively high code rate.
4G LTE-LTE-advanced for mobile broadband by Erik Dahlman