By Sudhansu Chokroverty
No matter if you're a newly clinically determined sufferer or a friend of somebody with stressed Legs Syndrome, this publication deals details and luxury. a hundred Questions & solutions approximately stressed Legs Syndrome presents authoritative, useful solutions to the commonest questions requested by means of sufferers. This easy-to-read booklet is an entire consultant to knowing indicators, prognosis, remedy, post-treatment caliber of existence, and lots more and plenty extra. together with genuine remark from sufferers, a hundred Questions & solutions approximately stressed Legs Syndrome (RLS) is a useful source for a person dealing with the actual and emotional turmoil attributable to this situation.
Read Online or Download 100 Questions & Answers About Restless Legs Syndrome PDF
Best diseases & physical ailments books
This books is for everybody who's attention-grabbing in reduction muscle soreness; the seller's carrier used to be first-class
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It offers a whole scientific dictionary protecting enormous quantities of phrases and expressions when it comes to ankle soreness. It additionally provides large lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on easy methods to replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
This booklet is exclusive in that it examines sleep and sleep problems from a nursing standpoint. .. it's a important source for tutorial nursing, in addition to a correct and worthy significant other for scientific nursing execs. rating: ninety four, four Stars. --Doody's This entire quantity provides the most recent clinical proof on well-being promoting, prevention, and therapy for sleep and sleep problems.
- Nursing Practice in Multiple Sclerosis: A Core Curriculum
- Chronic Pain and Brain Abnormalities
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on Corneal Transplant Surgery
- The Official Patient's Sourcebook on the Common Cold
- The 2002 Official Patient's Sourcebook on Heart Failure
Extra info for 100 Questions & Answers About Restless Legs Syndrome
These features, which are part of what is called “sundowning” syndrome or nighttime agitation syndrome, cause severe sleep disturbances at night, often leaving patients sleepy throughout the day. Thus, this pattern represents a reversal of the normal sleep–wake rhythm. , seeing, hearing, or feeling things which do not exist) and experience vivid, agitated, and fearful dreams. The sundowning or nocturnal agitation syndrome is one of the main reasons for placement of patients with AD in nursing homes or special institutions.
For a diagnosis of major depression, the patient must experience five of nine specific symptoms listed in DSM-IV-TR (see Table 6). As seen in Table 6 Diagnostic Criteria for Major Depression Five of the nine symptoms must be present to warrant a diagnosis. 1. Depressed mood for most of the day and nearly every day 2. Decreased concentration 3. Insomnia or excessive sleepiness 4. Psychomotor (mental and physical) agitation or retardation 5. Significant weight loss (not dieting) or weight gain or a change in appetite 6.
19. How do physicians diagnose RLS in children who may not be able to describe their symptoms adequately? Children may not be able to describe RLS symptoms accurately. As a consequence, they are often misdiagnosed as having growing pains or ADHD. QXP 8/23/10 7:32 PM Page 29 their inability to give an accurate description initially led researchers to believe that RLS did not occur in children. Upon questioning, however, many adult RLS patients describe their symptoms as beginning in childhood and progressing very slowly over the years.
100 Questions & Answers About Restless Legs Syndrome by Sudhansu Chokroverty